Question
Posted by: What do I do? | 2007/05/21

Advice ladys.

I have to go see a gynea because I have symptoms of Endometriosis. . .

How do I go forth and do that? As I dont have the confidence to go and open my legs for a doctar. . .

I hope that Cyndi has helped.

3
Posted by: Linzi | 2007/05/21

yu should try to contact DR Pat Hawke at Olivedale Clinic, she is fantastic.
i was also very nervous,a nd she made me so at ease with everything, totally great, a Gynae visit is no longer a horror for me.

good luck

Reply to Linzi
Posted by: Gwendo | 2007/05/21

I was also feeling very uncomfortable to go to any gynae (male or female), but just remember they do this every day. Yes, not every day on you, but that is nothing strange to the gynae. They handle everything very professional.

With me it happended like this: You go in, take of your clothes below, put on a little jacket and lie on the bed. The doctor comes in, you stare at the roof and try not to think of what he is looking at. They are only examining the problem. Each time the gynae had to tell me to open my legs wider.

So just go and pretend its a normal thing. Don't think of where the thing is - it helped me.

Good luck!

Reply to Gwendo
Posted by: Cyndi | 2007/05/21

Why dont you see a female gynae then? You might feel a little more comfortable that way? I know i also dread seeing the doc but rather that than having major problems later. Good luck and all the best.

Reply to Cyndi