Question
Posted by: Madisson | 2004/11/16

Advice at 26 weeks

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my first child. My partners 16 month old daughter lives with us. She is very boisterous, active and heavy and insists on being rocked to sleep (in my arms) and always wants me to pick her up. She also has a tendency to give me a few good kicks in the stomach when we lie down to nap (obviously not intentionally). Will this continuous lifting and the seldom kicks in the stomach cause any damage to the baby? Should I refrain from lifting her, rocking her, etc..?

Renata

The lifting will cause strain to your back and being kicked in the tummy is not good. Try to lift her when you are sitting down. This may help.

1
Posted by: Marlize | 2004/11/17

I am 28 weeks pregnant now and also have a 17 months old daughter.I also still need to rock her to sleep.She also sometimes kicks me and sometimes even hits my tummy.I spoke to the doctor and he said that it should not have a big affect on the baby.The baby is very well protected by all the fluid.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Reply to Marlize