Posted by: Anon | 2008/06/09


Here is the story

My brother’s wife just filed for a divorce and there is a 2year old boy involved!
She is staying with her mother and father, where she is sleeping on a mattress in the living room with her child, my brother has offered numerous times for her to come back so that they can work things out! He has suggested marriage counseling, but yet she refuses!
They have not settled anything in court as yet, nor did they come to any temporary agreement as to the welfare of their child, the mother has taken his child which he is only allowed to see his own child Wednesday’s and Saturday’s, not on our of another day or a day extra!
This Saturday my brother and friends went out, where his little boy got hurt by accident, he did tell her this, immediately she told him that he is not to see his son without any supervision, which means he is not allowed to sleep over at his dad’s place any more! She is totally unstable, she is on depression tablets, she has tried killing herself twice already and my youngest brother and his girlfriend have witnessed her hitting her child so hard that they could hear it from 50meters and the poor child screaming blue murder and she freaking out at the child cause she is obviously depressed and cant take everything any more! On numerous occasions she has assaulted my brother where he was bruised, scratched and kicked, we are all as witnesses to these actions as we saw the marks!
She has got my brother by the balls he is pleading poverty and begging her to come back for the sake of his child and their marriage, she is stubborn! He has not gone to see a lawyer as yet but she has!

Has she got right to do this...?
What are his rights...?
Can she already decide who sees the child and who doesn’t?

My brother it desperately trying to get her to go for counseling but yet she doesn’t want to go, I booked an appointment for my brother for tomorrow, he will go and see the Psychiatrist, he did say today that he got her into agreeing to go for counseling, she cant attend today due to her boss being down from head office! (How do we know?) So he said that he’ll make a booking for her. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If she has attempted suicide in the past and is under treatment for depression, her psychiatrist ought to be notified of her current behaviour and problems. As for the father's rights, a lawyer would beed to be consulted, but she is NOT allowed to make those decisions unilaterally or maliciously, and the prime question is always what would be best for the child. Obviously, it would be useful for everyone to persuade her to see a personal counsellor, and preferably a marriage counsellor along with her husband. Its hard to respect someone who refuses to make any attempt to reconcile or work within counselling when its a normal marital squabble rather than a situation of abuse.
And if she is assaulting the child, child welfare could become involved and insist on better protection for the child

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: T | 2008/06/09

i suggest that he gets a lawyer asap. 1st one in ussually has the upper hand.begging and pleading with a woman who has already made up her mind, bit futile. she shouldnt be in any positon to make any demands, unless her lawyer has made her wise to some facts

Reply to T

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.