Question
Posted by: joe | 2008/05/21

Advice

I sometimes get a pain under my right ribcage and then it feels that I cannot get enough air into that lung. I have had numerous tests done on my liver and stuff and everything comes out normal.. Could it be that my liver swells ( for an reason unknown to me)and press against my lung to give me that feeling, just my thoughts... My liver was damaged in an acident 26 years ago but this feeling and pain only started about a year ago.

Dear Joe
and your lung is ok too? If you liver swells it is very painful, as the covering of the liver can't stretch and cause pain. Other things I would think of would be gall stones, an extended colon due to constipation, spasm of the esophagus or hiatus hernia, or even referred pain from the back with a pinched nerve.