Posted by: joe | 2008/05/21


Please could you explain to me, everytime my wife and I have intercourse, with in two days she will have an infection in the vigina. What could cause this. Is it possible that I could have to much acidity in my body that may effect her. I do not know what to do..

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If she is having vaginal infections, the likeliest cause would be thrush. You should then both have treatment to avoid reinfecting each other. If she is having bladder infections, this is due to irritation of the bladder from the friction of sex. She should empty her bladder before and after sex. Lubrication may also help.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: LL | 2008/05/21

The best for her is to drink eno's / citrosoda after intercouse and wash.. One can easily get an infection or bladder infection... my doc once recommended it once.

Reply to LL

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.