Question
Posted by: Job | 2008/01/30

ADVICE

Hi there, My story goes like this, last year I was so blessed I got 3 jobs at the same time, and I had to choose. I've decided to choose this company and when they employ me ( in this position) they also employ my collegue from my previous job. We were so excited and we show each other our letter of employment. I was so disappointed when I saw that my colleque is going to earn more than me, whereas we are employed in the same position, I found out that I was at the entry of the grade and my col is on the third level. I asked the HR what criteria did they used in order to determine level of the employ. They did not answer my question instead they told me, they told me its based on my previous salary. I was so furious coz the other person does not have qualifications and I do and still she is getting more money. I really do not understand coz when they offer yu a job they ask you to bring your qualification and payslip and they don't consider you qualification and they only look at what you are getting and that tells me that their motto is "If you don't know money we cannot give you money" Can you please tell me if you know why these people are doing this. It was last year Sep and I am still frastrated.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

What is important is that you are frustrated and angry. this does not lay a good foundation for a great employer employee relationship. Your ill feelings are not going to go away. So, the solution? Not easy..but you MUST sit down with HR again to resolve it. It paid you less because you asked too little? Idf so are you working for a great ethical company? You need to answer that and act on your conclusions.

1
Posted by: Job | 2008/02/08

Actually it is a big Institution not a company.
I spoke to the HR and there was no response and I went to the director, she tried to sort it out coz she contacted HR and other people in management but at the end one of the people from management called and told me they investigated the matter and at the moment there is nothing they can do, cause I sign the letter, I can just wait and when I finished the probation I can apply for other positions, I think she was just consoling me coz she goes on by saying that person won't be able to get any job, she also promised me that they will be salary review when I finished a year here.

Reply to Job