Question
Posted by: CHRISTABELL | 2008/01/29

ADVICE

IAM TURNING 37 IN JUNE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE FOR THE PAST 10YEARS I DID 3 LAPOROSCOPY LAST ONE IN DECEMBDER 2007 MY TUBES ARE TOTALLY BLOCKED I WANT TO KNOW WHAT MUST I DO, GO FOR INVITRO OR ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION WHICH ONE IS CHEAPER ,WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

THANK YOU.

Dear Christabell

The fact that both tubes are totally blocked would strongly mitigate in favour of invitro fertilization which is the more expensive of the two options. However, artificial insemination is unlikely to be successful even after many attempts due to the blocked tubes and therefore, on a cost benefit scale, in vitro fertilization will certainly be more cost effective treatment option in the long run

2
Posted by: christabell | 2008/01/31

thank you for your advice as a matter of fact i phoned fertility derpatment in Grootte Schuur today and made an app i got the 28 of Feb i'll see what options are there for wish me luck, because i refuse to give up just yet. once again thanx and be blessed.

Reply to christabell
Posted by: Dooi | 2008/01/31

Hi Christabell
I'm not a doctor but I went through all of that too. I can honestly tell you that IVF is MUCH more expensive that AI. Different processes. Call your gynae and ask him what would he recommend, if you're not at a Fertility Clinic with a good gynae, I'd say you go see one as soon as possible, as your biological clock is also ticking!!

Hope this advice helps!

Reply to Dooi