Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/07/21

advice

I have a female Maltese that has this a bad habit of eating her poo
can anyone advise me how to discipline her

The best is to clean up after her as soon as he hes been to the loo thus preventing her from eating it.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2006/07/22

There is no question of 'discipline' involved here.

This matter has been addressed so often in this forum that there's a special section devoted to it over there ---->

Go read it. In a nutshell, dogs do this for one reason only, and that's because they like it. Nutrition doesn't have anything to do with it, nor do they have any clue that we get annoyed with them.

So... tidy up before your dog has a chance, and then get over it ;-)

Reply to Chill
Posted by: dog lover | 2006/07/21

I read in a book ("all about dogs") that some dogs do that due to a lack of some kind of enzyme/mineral in their bodies. Their poo contains it and so they eat that. They said that unflavoured yoghurt contains the same enzyme/mineral/vitamin and that one should give your dog now and then some yoghurt to make up for it.

Reply to dog lover