Question
Posted by: MADIAPES | 2003/02/13

ADVICE

Hi my name is Mapalo. I am in a situation whereby i am trying to lose weight, and i know almost about all the tools i should use. But the problem is that i do not whether the rate i am eating at is the problem i cannot lose weight. I eat about three to four times a day, sometimes twice a day and i try to drink about five to eight glasses of water a day. I eat sweets,fried food,but i drink water after every fat intake. I love junk food, but i do not eat it very often. The more i try to lose weight , the more i gain weight. So is it because of my eating habit? or what i am eating,or the way i am eating them?Please help me!

Dear Mapalo
Research has shown that the best way to lose weight, is to reduce your energy intake by eating a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy) and increasing your energy expenditure by doing regular exercise. So if you combine the diet with exercise you should lose that weight. Drinking water after eating fatty foods will not make them 'Disappear' they will go on being digested and stored in all those tricky places like the hips!