Question
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/17

Adult Circumcision...

Ok...I am 27 and decided that I want to get snipped to have a Hoodless Wonder :)
This is purely for hygiene reasons and do not have any medical or physical reasons to have it done.

Is there anyone out there that had it done and that can refer me to a doctor in cpt or blouberg area?

Ccheers

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Jack Noir and thanks for this post. Besides reasons related to aesthetics and cleanliness, research 'de jour' is telling us that cut guys may be less prone to HIV infection. Know that it could be really eina for quite a while and you could have to abstain from active penetrative sex for up to a month.

Any GP can do this. I suggest you contact Dr Basil Petersen at the Tokaai MediCross Clinic or Dr Christo Bester at the Parrow MediCross Clinic. Both are fabulous guys and great doctors.

Good luck and please let us know how this unfolds.

7
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/18

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

From the research I have done, it does seem to be a pretty painless job, except for the first few days and an erection does seem to be out of the question fior the first week (that might be a problem) but all and all it is something that I am seriously considering.

For Dimitri:
Barring the post-coital shower, male circumcision has been the hottest topic in HIV prevention in the past year or so. A study conducted in Orange Farm outside Johannesburg found that circumcising men reduced their chances of catching HIV by about two-thirds.
Further research in Uganda and Kenya confirmed the effectiveness of removing male foreskins, which contain high levels of cells preferentially targeted by HIV, and create a micro climate for this and other sexually transmitted infections. This month saw United Nations’ agencies urge countries with high HIV prevalence to offer male circumcision as part of a package of prevention strategies, including counselling to remind men and their partners that circumcision only offers partial protection.

Mail And Gaurdian Online for today.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: GreenEyes | 2007/04/18

Hi Jack,

My fiance decided to get cut when he was 30, he said it was really quick. Yeh, a few stitches later he was out and about.
You have to secure a bag or something around your new Hoodless Wonder when you shower or bath (obviously).
He said it actually isn't too painful, although uncomfortable when getting an erection, but the discomfort only lasts a few days... think of it like getting a piercing, it's uncomfy for a few days, but once all healed, i'm sure you'll be happy.

Just remember it's a personal choice too, that factually speaking, it may not be any more or less unhygienic (sp?) but YOU may feel unclean.. and that's the main thing!

Lots of luck, let usknow how it goes... cos we wanna know eeevvverryythiiing on this forum :))

xx

Reply to GreenEyes
Posted by: Dimitri | 2007/04/18

Hi Guys!

All this concern about hygiene....... And no, as a intact man there is no difficulty in keeping clean. And it has to be done only twice a day, mornings and evenings. As it should be for any male. You telling me that after a hard days work, you just gonna go home and make love to your partner without "freshening-up". That is disgusting. Whether you think you are clean, there is just as much "bacteria" on a cut penis as there is with intact. That is like saying that a woman's genitals are dirty because they are all closed-up, and they should be cut to make it more hygienic!!!!!!! The so-called bacteria actually helps keep the penis "clean", but yes it does need a good wash as does cut men need the same dedication.
And as far as cut guys being "less prone to HIV infection", is a very irresponsible statement to make as it makes cut guys think they can practise un-safe sex as they are more protected against the virus.......... !!!!!!!
Hope that clears up a few misconceptions.

Reply to Dimitri
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/04/18

Hi Jack Noir,
Just something to consider.....and I'm certainly not against what you want to do. I dated a Guy who was previously married. His wife had 'persuaded hime' to have the chop when in his late twenty's, for the same reasons. His penis didn't look nice at all!!! Now I do know that some Guys get botched jobs even at birth, but somehow his new circumcission didn't look natural, so to say. Everything looked red and unnatural to me! My b/f and I have one of each, so I know what an 'at birth job' looks like up close....! Just my five cents. Best of luck with whatever you decide. Cheers

And for Gaby.... Glad you asked, good question! As long as the skin isn't cut too far back, there is ample to accomodate the errection. This is where a 'decent' snip job comes into the picture. Some Guys have a 'better' more natural job done than others.

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Gaby | 2007/04/18

here is silly Question...

You know me, Madam Quizzy hehe

When a adult man has his penis circumsized, what happens when he gets an erection?

that has to be EINA for real.... i mean it like stretching a scab....Wrong or Right...

And from what I see is that a man has wakes up with an erection every morning

Reply to Gaby
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/17

Ummm...not a stupid question...
It is not dificult to clean but on average it is suggest that uncut guys must clean up to 4 times a day to be 100% sure.
There is no place where bacteria can hide.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: DLB | 2007/04/17

Forgive me for being ignorant. What do un-circumcised guys mean by hygiene? Is it harder to clean or something? - Sorry if this is a stupid question? :-|

Reply to DLB