Question
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/06/02

Adult ADD - what is this?

Help! Help! Help!

My shrink's just told me he suspects I have adult ADD. I've heard of this being diagnozed in kids - my niece is one, but I haven't even had the chance to read up on it.

How is it cured/managed? Does one's diet have to change? Basically, please explain to me what it is, what are the symptoms etc.

Thanks for all your help.

How lazy is your shrink if he announced this and didn't bother to explain it properly to you ? I am really weary of shrinks and other docs who don't bother to do their basic job properly. Ask him to explain ( he has already been paid to do so ); what the diagnosis as he made it means, and how he reccomends that it be treated. Diet is NOT part of the management of this condition, especially not in adults. But as he has been so severely lacking in this respect, I can't guess what the diagnosis means in his thinking

1
Posted by: Me | 2008/06/03

Attention Deficit Disorder. I went to a place in Pretoria, and the program I did helped me to concentrate better. Have a look at their website, it has enough information to answer your questions. www dot neurotechnology dot co dot za

Reply to Me