Question
Posted by: me | 2007/12/20

adult acne

Hi I was told I had adult acne at the age of 30 I am now 34 I have been on antibiotics which did help for a short period of time. but I am confused as I think I have more dry skin so if I use acne cream it dries my skin out even more, and I look old but when I moisturise for dry skin get pimples and little bumps (white heads) when I moisturise for normal to oily it dries out again. I hope you can help as I dont know which way to actually go.
thank you for your time

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Me”, thank you for the question.

I need to know a little more information before answering you adequately.

What product/s have you been using that caused the pimples and bumps to appear?
What is your at home care regime for the skin? (What facial wash do you use, do you exfoliate and if so with what and how many times a week, etc.)
Do you use sun protection and if so which one?
What product/s have you been using (normal to oily) that ‘dries out’ your skin.
Do these products cause a breakout too?