Question
Posted by: longing for a child | 2008/01/11

adoption

hi. i dont really know where to get information for my question. i hope that you can be of assistance.

my husband and i have been trying to have child and we were very unsuccessful. due to other reasons we are now on the verge of a divorce. so i was actually wondering if single people are able to adopt ?

i dont plan to right a way. but i dont plan on remarrying but would always loved to have a child

Longining for a child

To my knowledge it is not possible for a single individuals to adopt a child due to legal requirements

1
Posted by: Jvdw | 2008/01/11

Yes, single woman are able to adopt although preference will go to couples first.

You could always have your own baby using donor sperm and AI.

I am so sorry your marriage is on the verge of breakdown. Without preaching or intruding have you considered counselling?

Good luck to you. There is an adoption support forum here as well and they could give you advice as so the process and who to contact should you want to adopt.

Reply to Jvdw