Question
Posted by: Gauteng-babas | 2006/04/11

adoption

Goodday!
Me and My husband is going this week for our first interview with the sosialworker for adoption.
Can anybody give me some advice what to expect? What is do's and dont's.
What do thing a person must dress. As they say first impression last.

Some helpful responses. Sorry about "me";s negativity --- a typical example of over-generalizing. Just because you have seen 2 or 3 examples of something, doesn't mean it's universal.

12
Posted by: GB | 2006/04/12

Thanks for everyone that give a positive comment

Reply to GB
Posted by: Ja-neh | 2006/04/11

ME!! U not adopted and see how u turned, bitter and miserable!!!

Please speak to someone before you drive the whole world away... what you going through has nothing to do with the fact that the person was adopted or not!!

Please get help..

GB you are on the right track good luck and be yourself

Reply to Ja-neh
Posted by: K | 2006/04/11

to ME : what's bugging you??? They are not living in a dreamworld, thinking a kid will fix everything! They are like most other couples who just want to raise some kids.....are you this verbally negative towards naturally-conceiving parents as well?

Get with the program and get some therapy....you are obviously in need of it.

As for the original poster : all of the best. Don't let others spoil your desire to be parents.

Reply to K
Posted by: hectic | 2006/04/11

ME... u really messed this one up... it is not about u… maybe you should tell us what is eating u instead of jumping down GB`s throat.

Good luck to GB, I think the best you can do is to be yourself and the loving and caring person you are will show and all will go according to plan.

U do deserve to be a mom, do not let ME discourage you… the fact that you want to adopt tells me you are a very kind hearted person and you want the best, not for you but for someone else … It takes someone special to adopt a child and it is hard work and you putting yourself out there is great…

Reply to hectic
Posted by: me | 2006/04/11

well i lived with those examples and it nearly riuned my life so sorry for sharing a unwelcome observation, keep on living in your dream world that the baby will fix everything

Reply to me
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2006/04/11

I am adopted and there is nothing wrong with me. I made a great sucsess of my life and I am proud of it. I love my mother she is the best there is and I have never had the urge to look for my biological parents and by the way I am 40 years old.

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: lulu | 2006/04/11

All your posting says to me is that your ex husband had really bad parents and they should never have adopted the three kids...

How can you even suggest that there was something in the fact that they were orphans that made them turn out the way they did??

I pity you...

Reply to lulu
Posted by: K | 2006/04/11

to me : I am also a woman, never married, over 30.....does that make me bad, or a failure? No, I just prefer not to live the normal settled-down married-with-2-kids lifestyle. Some of us are perfectly settled in our own unsettledness.

Get help. Your posting reeks of ignorance, narrowmindedness and no compassion at all.

Reply to K
Posted by: slr | 2006/04/11

ME, now that is a cruel thing to say. Do you really think kids are better off in an orphanage? Does your experience of adoption make ALL ADOPTED kids the same?? Do you know how many kids who were not adopted, also turn out to be washouts??

So, according to you : if people need assistance to get pregnant, or to give birth, or even after birth....was that actually God's way of telling them that they should not get kids? When they require fertility treatment in order to conceive, or painkillers during childbirth, or c-section where normal birth is dangerous, forceps, incubators.....should these now also be abolished because some big guy is sending a message that they should not have kids??????

You sound like a very sick and hateful person.

Reply to slr
Posted by: SP™ | 2006/04/11

Me - not all situations are the same. She did not ask to be discourgaed but rather advice. Its bad when someone ask advice and you just shower them with disadvantages of their actions (just like abortion posts) her mind is made up and whatever the reasons are is her business.

Reply to SP™
Posted by: me | 2006/04/11

i was married to a guy who was adopted, the parents adpoted 3 kids , all three are total washouts, the men can't keep jobs and both have been married 2x and since living with a whole lot of woman, the girl is over 30 never married and also can't seem to find stability, seek help in how to raise that child to be a asset to society one day, maybe there is a reson why you can't have your own kids?

Reply to me
Posted by: CP Mom | 2006/04/11

Breath....slowly....count to 10........

Okay firstly dont expect a baby soon. Today people keep their kids and/or someone in the family keeps them. I waited 2 years after being "passed" on the list.

You DONT get a baby from Gauteng....they try to "send" them to Durban - durban's baby's to cape town and capetown to gauteng to minimize them running into the parents etc.

Just be yourself - a big bank account does not count because the rich dont nececeraliy (eish the spelling) makes good parents.

They will come to your house still and check everything there. Be very patient and good luck!

Reply to CP Mom