Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2007/05/10

Admission of Patient into Rehad

Please can you assist me.

My fiance NEEDS to go into Drug Rehab. We have taken him to SANCA and they tested his urine and he came back positive 4 out of 5 of the tests. He has spent an enormous amount of money just "sniffing" it up his nose. In both jobs he got dismissed from he sold the company's equipment just to get money for cocaine.

For the past 2 days he's only come home between 22h00 - 00h00. Well last night, his employer found him at the casino trying to win money to get the company's equipment back. He also has a gambling problem.

From what I've mentioned above it is clear he has to go into Rehab immediately.

Can you please advise me of the process involved? I called the Medical Aid and they advised that he covered and they will pay and I also called SANCA and they said they do everything like book his bed and get the authorization number.

Where to from here???

From the story you tell, this young man is extremely lucky neither of the companies he worked for pressed criminal charges against him. It sounds as though you have already don most of what is needed, and that if SANCA will actually make the arangements and bookings and get authorization, the missing elements are (a) that he has to WANT to work sincerely with the rehab program to get free from his drug and gambling problems ( both will have to be addressed ) ; and that (b) he must actually keep the appointment made and go ahead with the rehab. I would be much more optimistic about the outcome if HE had been dealing with the Medical Aid and SANCA, and had made the arrangements himself. It's clear to you and to anyone else that he needs rehab --- is it yet clear to him ?

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2007/05/10

Thank you Cybershrink

However, I have just learned that he has since this morning been arrested on account for theft.

What now???