Question
Posted by: Puzzled | 2007/07/11

ADJ disorder

A few years ago I was seeing a psychologist and was diagnosed with ADJ disorder. I relocated to another city and never continued my sessions. Can you please tell me what ADJ disorder stands for and what it entails?

Nice guesses from AFT ( wonder what THAT acronym stands for ? ). ADJ as such isn't any recognized term, but what you could have seen written down could have been an abbreviation for ADJustment Disorder, This doesn't mean that you were maladjusted, not at all, but is a diagnosis for someone who is understandably but at the time severely upset by events in life, and likely to adjust and recover rather soon, and thus not as serious as a diagnosis of a Depressive or Anxiety Disorder which would be expected to lasty longer and need more serious treatment.
So it is likely that you have indeed fully recovered, if that episode was iondeed an Adjustment Disorder, and you may have no need for further treatment. If further symptopms and problems have arisen, what would be needed would be a re-assessment, and discussion of whether any further treatment is or is not needed

3
Posted by: aNNa | 2007/07/12

Adjustment Disorder - an emotional or behavioral disorder resulting from difficulty adapting to stressors.

Reply to aNNa
Posted by: AFT | 2007/07/12

...and ADJ stands for Acronym-deficient Judgement.

Reply to AFT
Posted by: AFT | 2007/07/12

Its an inability to understand acronyms.....

Reply to AFT