Question
Posted by: Agony Annie | 2007/03/18

Adhesions and baby

Hi there. I had a laparoscopy in Nov 06 and adhesions were found and cut away in C section area. Had emergency appendectomy in Dec 06 as appendix was rotten. I have now got lots of abdominal pain in the same area as before and especially on right side. I find it difficult to sit and am always in pain.
1. Do you think pain is caused by more adhesions ?
2. What are implications if I want to fall pregnant for 2nd time ? If I have more adhesions can this lead to problem pregnancy with growing tummy around adhesions ?
please help as I am desperate for advise.

many thanks

It is possible that the pain is due to adhesions.
It will not be a problem in pregnancy if you have adhesions but, if you need another caesarean, this will be more difficult.