Question
Posted by: Pain | 2007/03/24

Adhesions

Hi Doc, How long should it take to recover from abdominal surgey?
Is it normal to still be in pain after 5 months? Doc says I must wait and it tissue will heal itself.

Dear Pain
usually one is up and about after 6 weeks, the area may be slightly tender for 3-4 months but no this does not sound ok to me - please get a second opinion? See if you can get a copy of your operation report from your doctor to take with? You are allowed to get a second opinion and can even ask your surgeon to refer you for a second opinion.