Question
Posted by: Very Confused Mom... | 2007/05/31

ADHD or Not...

My child (just turned 7) has had concentration issues since she was about 4 at the nursery school. She has been tested for ADHD but they have not found anything wrong with her. In Grade 1, the first term teacher was battling with her but managed and as the term went on, she said that things were getting better. Now the second term teacher agrees that she is not an ADHD case but has a huge issue with my childs apparent lack of concentration. I have now punished her for unacceptable behaviour and found that she has put in a lot of effort to improve as she is sensitive and loves to please and be in the good books. Her afternoon caregiver has recognised her achievement as have we at home. The more praise she receives for trying, the better her behaviour the next day. Upon speaking with the teacher again, she said that their has been a little improvement but still not to her satisfaction - thereby not giving my child any credit for her efforts. I have put her on the omega 3 & 6 suppliments since last year and the teacher asked me to get melotone from sportron (which she tells me now is not working). Since my child has been tested and I have her on all the relevant suppliments, what else can I do to avoide this teacher telling me dailly that my child is a disruption. I know she fidgets and lacks concentration but her ability to learn has not been affected and she remains a good average student - is there any other supplement that I should be trying to help her.

Expert ImageNatural health

Chromium (Foodstate) can be used and Extension IQ made by VRP (medford) has some other ingredients like DMAE in to assist in concentration. available from practitioners only. Also the diet should be free from aditives, refined foods and sugars.

Dr Debbie