Question
Posted by: desperate | 2004/03/09

ADHD & Aggression

I am almost at my wits end - my son is 10 years old and is really not coping at school. He's been diagnosed with ADHD so therefore cannot sit still and concentrate for long periods. He also gets very aggressive when things don't go his way. He has very few friends and the reason being is that the kids don't like it when he gets aggressive. The teachers are concerned with the fact that he's in Grade IV and hasn't received a good if not reasonable phonics foundation which is also one of the reasons for his emotional outbursts and have now suggested that he attends a remedial school in the area. I am desperate for any suggestions on how to deal with this and to help my son cope with his day to day stresses in life.

Expert ImageArchive

I would recommend that you consult both a Naturopath to assist you with a nutritional support plan and natural remedies to calm his nervous system, as well as a child psychologist who specialises in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Both the internal dynamics as well as the behaviour need to be addressed - there is no remedy that will just do this. It will be a dynamic and active process to get him into a new way of relating and behaving, natural medicine will support him in this.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)