Posted by: Johan | 2007/06/14

Addisons Disease

My wife had been diagnosed with addisons disease about 4 years ago and since it hasn been one uphill battle financialy and health wise.Please give some advice where we can go for more help.She is currenly a pasient at the Pretoria Academic Hospital, but everytime they change her medicine or they cannot give her all her medicine and we cannot afford to buy her medicine.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Johan
She needs to be under the care of an endocrinologist. The Academic hospitals are the only state hospitals that have endocrinology clinics. This medication is also quite expensive and unless you can afford to see a private endocrinologist or buy the medication, you don't have much of an option. What medication don't they have to give her? Ask her doctor if they can source it from another state hospital like kalafong?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.