Posted by: Jacqui | 2005/07/22

Adding non biological child to medical

My partner and I have been together for about 4 yrs now. I have another son from a prev relationship who is 7. We also have a 4 month old boy. My partner and younger son are on one med aid but we would like the children to be on the same one. I called the med aid (Selfmed) to enquire about putting the older one on the same scheme but was told it is not possible as he is not my partners biological child nor are we married. I thought that the rules for med aid had changed to the extent that you can put whomever you chose on it as long as you paid.....

Any advise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

a Medical scheme must accept a common law spouse as a dependant. That also include children from previous relationships. Refer your query to Selfmed Scheme Management.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.