Question
Posted by: BLUE | 2007/07/13

Addiction

Cs I was addicted to slimming drugs for many years, actually about 10. I finally went off them about 18 months ago and have been suffering from terrible depression. My psychiatrist doesn't think that this addiction has affected my brain at all but I really feel that it has. I've been on anti depressants but have now been off them for a month. Do you think that my addiction could have caused damage?

Gosh, that must have been an awfully complex set of addicitions / dependencies to manage. I'm amazed you could have found any doctors dim enough to prescribe any of those drugs, unless you are referring to over-the-counter slimming remedies. Generally such dependencies don't cause brain damage. And don't get hung up on the IDEA that it might have done so --- if there are any specific symptoms which are worrying you in this regard, discuss these with your psychiatrist, as they probably have other explanations

3
Posted by: kasandra | 2007/07/13

Just remember that when u stop anti dep pills one also feel a bit funny and down so dont be to hard on yourself

Reply to kasandra
Posted by: Blue | 2007/07/13

Thanks CS, they were over the counter slimming drugs.
Thanks Kasandra, I will habe a few vit shots, sounds like a great idea.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: kasandra | 2007/07/13

ahoy blue i know the feeling give it time your body and brain must get back to normal again, my brain felt fried, I found that vitb6 and vitb12 really helps esp with depression get injection or tablets, my body was really damaged

Reply to kasandra