Question
Posted by: Linus | 2005/07/28

Addiction

I recently discovered that my friend could be addicted to drugs. I found a small packet with a white lumpy powder substance . When I asked her if it was cocaine she said it wasn't in fact it's efferdrine? But I didn't buy it as she has all the signs of a addictive personality could she be right & is this legal she has been getting extremely thin lately. Her reaction to me finding it was that of a scared "hide it before anyone sees it" type of response & said she has alot of stuff going on in her life at the moment. What should I do if she's doing that stuff at work she will get caught eventually......What does efferdrine (spelling?) look like?

Ephedrine / pseudoephedrine are dangerous drugs that have been irresponsibly allowed by the authorities to be far too easily available in this country, as part of what are pretending to be various "supplements" They are addictive and dangerous, and ought to be totally banned except in uncommon medical situations, prescribed by a specialist. It can spoil her appetite, but is a dangrous and foolish way to try to get thin. Haiving "a lot of stuff going on in her life" is a pathetic excuse, for allowing herself to get hooked on a dangerous substance which could make a whole lot more and worse stuff be going on in her life, or, by killing her, end with nothing at all going on in her life. She ought to see a shrink and sort out her "stuff", as well as receiving help to get off this rubbish

2
Posted by: Ugh | 2005/07/28

Epherdrine is also bad stuff! And an "addictive personality" does not mean she takes hard core drugs but could be hooked on something even as simple as paracetomol (I know a lady who used to take up to 50 a day - dunno where she got them all!) It is a major stimulant and appetite suppressant - I think it is in a lot of these weight loss rubbish things

Reply to Ugh
Posted by: Pixi | 2005/07/28

Hi Linus. Ephedrine is a white powder substance and is 1 of the main ingredients in diet pills (thinz) and weight loss mixtures etc.
It also gives you huge amounts of energy - which is basically how it works with losing weight. Also I think its very bad for your heart - as your heart beat increases drastically.
It is VERY addictive and especially in women who want to be very thin. And who have already lost weight with it.
Im pretty sure aswell that it is illegal to have it in its natural form? And so would explain why she was hiding it. Also because if you've noticed shes lost alot of weight she wouldn't want you to know its because of this drug.

Im not sure about how to get her to stop - but it is vital for her to stop - very dangerous.
Good Luck - hopefully someone will be able to give you more advice.

Reply to Pixi