Question
Posted by: fruity | 2006/04/03

addicted to fruit

hi there

how can i decrease my fruit intake???
i eat about 10 or more servings of fruit a day! the thing is, i ony eat fruit and veggies the whole day...
im pretty sure i get my cal intake...i prepare my veggies by steaming it and adding nothing......am i on the way of some disorder....anyway,i am going off my actual topic.

how can i decrease my fruit intake?this surely will be killing my teeth...

Dear Fruity
Yes, even the most nutritious foods like fruit and vegetables cannot sustain good health on their own. Human beings are omnivores which means our digestive tract and metabolism has adapted to eating proteins, fats and carbohydrates. You could well be suffering from orthorexia, an eating disorder, where the patient restricts her food intake to one or two foods in the mistaken belief that this is healthy. After awhile this becomes an obsession and the patient may develop deficiencies due to a lack of important nutrients in their monotonous diet. Think carefully if this eating pattern is an obsession and if so, please consult both a clinical dietitian and a clinical psychologist because eating disorders require a team approach.
Take care

2
Posted by: fruity | 2006/04/04

i do not want to get to the point where i start focusing on
' fruit is going to make me fat'....i think that is the last thought i need :(
i do eat a bowl of all brain flakes in the morning (grains) and fatfree yoghurt/milk for protein.

Reply to fruity
Posted by: Tazzza | 2006/04/04

Honey, you ask how? Easy. Just stop eating as much of it. Why arent you taking in any protein or grains? Veg and fruit only will make your body eat away at its own muscle tissue. I think your "little slip up" of being on your way to a disorder is a cry for help. I think you know you might be developing a disorder, judging also by what you eat and how you prepare it. Too much fruit is fattening as well. 2 bananas and 1 apple=the same calories as a normal size bar of chocolate, just not as much fat. Dont do this. Iv done it and it got me nowhere.

Reply to Tazzza