Question
Posted by: Cokeaholic | 2004/11/08

Addicted to Coca-Cola

I consume about 2- to 3 litres of Coke a day.What are the short- and long term effects of this. I feel like I am going crazy if I dont have any. Please couls you recommend how I can stop, as well as more healthier alternatives.

Thanks.

Expert ImageNatural health

Hello Cokeaholic

Your request is typical of many similar reactions to a high intake of sugar and caffeine. Both these substances creates a short term feeling of energy in the body which leads to a demand for more as energy levels drop. May I point out to you that it is better to sustain energy levels by eating a natural diet which contain an abundance of natural whole foods as opposed to getting a quick energy lift from caffeine and sugar. This is bets avoided. I suggest you consult an experienecd homeopath, naturopath or nutritionist in your area to assist you to break this habit.

The long term side effects of consuming sugar and caffeine can lead to obesity, daibetis, hypoglycemia, cardiac disorders, hardening of the arteries and lower immunity to name but a few.

Kind regards.

Estie