Question
Posted by: Teen | 2004/11/01

Addicted

Hi :
I have a problem with being addicted to masturbation.I masturbate at least once a day if not more.Can i harm myself by doing this???
Usually i feel guilty & ashamed of myself after masturbating.I'm also addicted to porn movies & whenever i get a chance i'll watch them usually every weekend.

Expert ImageTeen expert

masturbation is a very normal, natural activity and you cannot harm yourself by masturbating. From what you say you are also not masturbating obsessively or excessive amounts.

Feeling guilty and ashamed is something you need to think about. What you are doing is exploring your body and your sexual needs, things that everyone should think about and does think about. You do not need to feel ashamed about this, you are not doing anything wrong.

Many young people and older people in fact watch pornography, and watching them at the weekends does not mean you are addicted.

Hope this helps you feel ok about yourself and your needs

2
Posted by: odwa | 2004/11/03

don't worry that is normal it's not only you I do the same everyday so you must not feel guilty please trust what you're doing i'm by your side

Reply to odwa
Posted by: relief | 2004/11/03

that normal !

Reply to relief