Posted by: anon | 2007/02/21


HI CS my brother in law is addicted to alcohol and drugs. He is 44, left his job and justs stays at home all day sleeping. He is in a terrible state healthwise because of this. HIs parents want to send him to rehab or some kind of programme but he wont go. Is there a legal way for them to do it??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I think there is, and it would be best to discuss this with a lawyer ; and your nearest rehab centres should be able to inform you of the procedures that can be used --- it's not a field I work in, but I know recent cases where, even through a Magistrate's Court, apart from mechanisms within the Mental health Act, people in such a self-damaging state, have been admitted to places like MagaliesOoord, for compulsory treatment

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.