Posted by: Mymy | 2009/09/16


Hi Doc,

Please help with Schools in Gauteng for kids with Dyslexia. i think my son is and will need to act fast in finding a school for him.

Thanks a mill

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

As that's not my field of work, I don't specifically know of any, but I'm sure our readers can come up with some useful suggestions. But it sounds as if you may be in too much of a hurry here --- generally, kids with dyslexia don't need special schools. First they need a proper diagnosis made by a child psychiatrist or child psychologist, maybe a pediatrician with special interest in this topc. NEVER EVER by a teacher o physiotherapist or OT. The suitable treatment can be discussed, and this rarely needs special schooling.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.