Question
Posted by: ME | 2007/06/06

ADD

How can i be sure that i have add, i have all the symtoms and my shrink said that it sounds like add

I don't quite understand the situation. The only way to be sure about any possible diagnosis is to see a good , experienced and properly trained shrink, who should assess you competently and then use the universally accepted diagnostic criteria of theDSM or ICD to make a diagnosis firmly and clearly. As Adult ADD is stil; being investigated and not yet included in either of those references, a shrink would have to apply the generally accepted criteria ( much like those DSM etc include for childhood ADD ) and make the diagnosis. There usually is no reasont to be vague about it.