Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2004/10/11

ADD

My son 10 has ADD he is on Ritalin at the moment I would like to put him on something more natraul. And what food will help him alot
Theresa Sweetman

Dear Theresa
If you son is being treated for his ADD by a Child Psychiatrist who is monitoring his growth and progress then you need to discuss any changes in medication and/or treatment with the dr. Some ADD children react well to an increased intake of omega-3 fatty acids (Salmon oil capsules - buy at chemist and'or health shops) and a combined vitamin and mineral supplement (Kiddivite, etc - ask the chemist). Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the article on 'ADHD'.