Question
Posted by: zcared | 2004/11/17

Acute symptoms

Hi all, my condom broke with a girl I hardley knew, this was about two months ago, my question is when the symptoms say acute, and I had a really bad cold, sore throat that lasted about three weeks, no runny tummy no weight loss, about a month after exposure. could I have the virus???

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

The acute HIV seroconversion usualy takes place +/- 2 weeks after infection

2
Posted by: zcared | 2004/11/18

I thought the acute symptoms are usually a mild like flu virus or similar, I was real bad especially my throat, is this also common?

Where is there a clinic in Cape town?

Reply to zcared
Posted by: Maakie | 2004/11/18

Boy, there is only one way to find out. Go and have yourself tested. Sometimes it could be your mind making tricks on you and sometimes you could be. Go to the clinic and tell them what happened. If I remember correctly it takes about six weeks for seroconversion to take place but I am not too sure. Go to the clinic now, they know better. The sooner you go the better. GOOD LUCK

Reply to Maakie