Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/04/27

Acute Bronchitis?

A week ago I started with a sore throat, runny nose, coughing, etc. I went to see my Doctor and he diagnosed inflamation of the chest and influenza. I finished a course of Klacid 500mg and still have a severe cough that leaves me breathless and with a tight chest.

Should I be worried about this?

Dear Karen
Some infections can cause tightness and coughing for a while after an infection. If you still have fever, cough up yellow or green phlegm, rather go back to your doctor. Something like Bisolvon linctus may help for the breathlessness and tight chest.