Question
Posted by: FairyGirl | 2006/04/03

Acupuncture & or Reflexology for infertility

Dear Debbie,

I wonder if you can help me. My husband and i are starting our 3rd IVF/ICSI treatment in May and it has been suggested that Acupuncture and or Reflexology can help a positive outcome and so of course i am very keen to try it. Could you give me a bit of information abou these two methods and whether you feel one or the other or even both could be beneficial. Also could you please give me a little information on the process and when through my treatment i should be going for acupuncture/refelxology. I am based in Cape Town is there someone you can suggest that i see here? Thank you so much for your help.

Expert ImageNatural health

acupuncture assist in helping better egg production, increase chances of the body to "hold onto" and decrease miscarriage and balances the bodies miridians. Refloxology will work similar. Reflexology is applying pressure to the feet in specific spots to stimulate or unblock certain blockages, whilst acupuncture is the application of needles in different parts of the body. If you can find a practitioner who is familiar with infertility you can choose to do either. I have experience and results with acupuncture. \
You need to contact the allied health council to find out who is in your area 012 329 4001.
Goodluck

2
Posted by: FairyGirl | 2006/04/04

Thanks Maia that is a great help i will check

Reply to FairyGirl
Posted by: Maia | 2006/04/04

I think both will be good. I am no expert. I am also going for my second IVF in May and are in search for a acupuncture practitioner in the Northern Cape. I came acros an acupuncture clinic in Cape Town it is called Elemental Wellbeing. Have a look at elementalwellbeing dot com. I anybody know about an acupunctur practitioner in the following towns please place contact details: Kimberley, Upington, Potchefstroom, Klerksdorp?

Reply to Maia