Question
Posted by: Gringo | 2008/02/01

Acnetane

I am 29 yrs old - 62kgs, went on Roaccutane last year for 4 months - 20mg 3x a week, my skin looked great at the time, but has reoccured. now my doc has given me a 4 month script (20mg)and told me to try one a day for a month and then maybe go down to 5x week and then back to 3x week and then stop, or take it from there. Is it necessary to have the blood tests on this dosage?

Dear Gringo

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I confirm that the blood tests on the dosage are necessary. The necessary blood tests are liver function tests that should be done before and during treatment. Please note that you will also have to use an oral contraceptive or a other form of contraceptive, as falling pregnant during treatment, has adverse side-effects on the baby.

Kind regards