Question
Posted by: jane | 2007/07/27

acne- pls help

I know you're jnot the right doc to ask this,m but the skin doc forum is closed. I have always had a bad skin- and now IO have begun getting painful huge red cystic acne under my jawline and on my neck. It is really making me suffer emotionally! I have tried EVERYTHING as one does when one suffers with acne, even been on Roaccutane TWICE. Neither time helped me, and now I realy don't know what to do. Why wouldn't the Roaccutane have worked; and what is my next step? I cannot afford another expensive dermatologist...

Dear Jane

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am unable to tell you why the Roaccutane did not work but I do suggest that you try Retin-A topical cream and a course of oral anti-biotics, namely Minocycline. Differen gel is also a good topical treatment in association with Minocycline.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Matthew | 2007/07/28

The reason why you're acne has come back is because you are obvious;ly eating things that you're body cannot handle and your system is out of balance. Go to a health store and speak to one of them and don't waste your time buying medication that will give loads of side effects....

Reply to Matthew
Posted by: RD | 2007/07/28

I 've been using Roaccutane for 4 months ...and it's working I'm feeling so much better about myself. I wonder why your acne came back? I know how you feel it really affects one's quality of life, I also tried Roaccutane as a last resort. ..hang in there!

Reply to RD