Question
Posted by: risaty | 2004/11/21

Acne / pimples / black heads

I have a nice skin on my face and body accept my bums. I have never had any problems with acne ect on my body accept my bums. I can never undress in front of the other girls and are shy to wear a costume, because sometimes there are pimples on my panty line. What can I do? Please help me. I also have very bad scars on my bums. The pimples turn dark and purple on my skin.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

This is not my area, so please refer the question to CyberDoc. I can tell you, though, that acne on the buttocks is not an unusual problem, and it can often be treated in the same way as acne on the face. Ask your pharmacist to recommend an over-the-counter cream. If this doesn't work, then see a doctor: he or she can prescribe stronger medications. Don't just put any cream or oil on the spots, and don't squeeze or pick at them - this could make the problem worse.