Question
Posted by: Frustrated mom | 2004/09/30

Acne on face, upperback and upper arms causing havoc.

From 1998 my son who is now 23 yrs developed acne on his face which we thought was teenage related and will clear away. Instead it has become so bad that it is now affecting not only his face but also his back, mostly the upper back and upper arms. He has seen a dermatologist a few times but nothing helps. He is beginning to feel real concious about the problem and it pains me to see him like that. He has serious dark spots and blemishes which I suspect are a results of unconciously scratching to an extent of leaving sizeable open wounds which when heal leaves these horrible dark marks leaving only the forehead.Could it be something in his blood that need cleansing. We have seen a few dermatologists who have provided a number of ointments that have never worked. Please help.

FM, you say nothing works, but you didn’t say what he used. Please let me know (as a new question) what he used and I’ll see if there is something I can suggest. Good luck.

3
Posted by: FM | 2004/10/12

Thank you. Unfortunately I never kept the names of the medication. Out of ingnorance I suppose. Most of the stuff were mixtures that had to kept in the fridge. He has just moved back to stay with me having stayed with his father since when he was eight and I am only now paying real attention. Funny thing the breakouts become worse when he is under a lot of pressure and stressed out with studying and subsides when he is relaxed.
Date: 12/10/2004

Reply to FM
Posted by: FM | 2004/10/12

Reply to FM
Posted by: M | 2004/09/30

Hello. I had an acne problem and my dermatologist recommended a tablet called Roaccutane. This tablet reduces the oil glands, oil glands are the reason for acne. Mine cleared up. Just wanted to let you know.

M

Reply to M