Question
Posted by: Tofsi | 2008/06/23

Acne medication etc

I just need some advice. I was going to make an appointment to see my gynae but I thought I’d write in first. Let me know if you think I should still see him.

I am 28 years old. I’ve been on Minerva for close to 10 years. I was put on it (in conjuntion with Cipla Cypoterone) initially by my my dermatologist to control my acne.

I would like to go off the pill to try to conceive but am really worried about the effect it will have on my skin. Are there any safe oral acne medications you are aware of that one can take during pregnancy?

I’ve also heard that people take things like folic acid etc while they’re pregnant or trying to conceive. What are the important supplements I HAVE to take for a healthy baby and pregnancy?

Folic acid is good as well as any pregnancy multivitamin.. There is a chance that when you come off the pill that the acne might return but it may not.. Doubt if there are pregnancy safe anti- acne agents. Check with a dermatologist

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/14

Can I use Ciplaton if I am trying to get pregnant?

Posted by: Nix GTCTG | 2008/06/23

folic acid helps with the prevention of spina bifida. it does not help with conception.

Reply to Nix GTCTG