Question
Posted by: Upset | 2004/10/18

Acne in the mid twenties

hi there, i have never had a problem with my skin before and growing up everyone was envious of my pimple free face. I have been using Clinique now for about two years and over the last few months, i've had terrible acne appearing on my chin only. I went to the doctor, who put me on the pill. Nothing seemed to change. I changed my cleaning routine, to a more sensitive brand, Clarins, which hasn't seemed to help either. I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables on a daily basis and of course my protein for dinner. What else do you think it could be?

Dear Upset
Acne is due to changes in your male or female hormone levels which can happen at any age. Acne needs to be treated with tetracyclines, topical creams or Roaccutane, so do consult a Dermatologist ASAP. Diet would only have an effect if you also suffer from insulin resistance or have the metabolic syndrome.