Question
Posted by: ? | 2007/06/25

Acne due to hormonal change

Hi Doc,

I am 33 and suffering from acne on my face, chest and back area. I would like to know wheter is could be due to hormonal changes. Some background...

I took an oral contraceptive for many years. Then last year started spotting constantly, so my gynie put me on a stronger one. The spotting continued, so I eventually after a discussion with my gynie decided to stop the contraceptive. After a few weeks the acne started and persisted for about 3 months when I decided to look at alternative contraceptives, thinking that is the reason for the acne. So my gynie and I decided on the Marena. I had it inserted in January this year. It has been almost 6 months now, and I still have acne.

Should I go back to my gynie, or is it time to see a dermatologist???

Please advise.

Dear ?
I think you should see a dermatologist - this was maybe triggered by the hormone changes but need to be controlled now.

2
Posted by: anon | 2007/06/25

Have u tried Dianne ??? This contrceptive is very good to help
with acne. Also had a bad skin, but as soon as i went on Dianne
my skin has improved so much i hardly have any acne or spots.
Infact my skin look so good. I have been on Dainne now for almost 4years.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Leez | 2007/06/25

.....same boat. 33yo, not on any contraceptives AT ALL - embarrasing acne...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Leez