Question
Posted by: s | 2007/05/14

Acne and Vitamin B5

Hello, im on my 5th week of supplementing with a testosterone booster, but Ive noticed ive been getting ALOT of pimples(white pimples especially) on my face, particularly around my nose. Is there anything I can use to prevent this breakout while on this supplement. I alredy use face wash and moisturizer. Ive heard that supplementing with 7-10g of Vitamin B5 helps with acne, is this true?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Acne is a side-effect from using steroidal substances thus will subside once you stop using the testosterone. In the meantime best advice is to wash with an anti-bacterial wash TWICE in succession in the morning and in the evening. Also use an alpha- or beta-hydroxyl substance which will exfoliate the skin and certainly help control the condition. Be careful not to use harsh product that will wash the water out of the epidermis in the attempt to try and control the oil.
In terms of supplementation you can try using a 100 mg B2, & B6 complex to help reduce the oiliness and blackhead formation - it might help slightly, but my experience with the problem is that topical care works better than anything else.

Good luck!
Vanessa