Question
Posted by: LILIA | 2007/04/26

ACNE AND PREGNANCY

I am 29 years old and I am in the fourth month of my pregnancy.For the last month my acne has deteriorated on the face. I have always suffered from acne periodically but now it seems to be something different.What might be the reason. What possible treatment can I take to get rid of it as much as possible? Thank you in advance!

Expert ImagePharmacist

L,

Many woman battle with this as the sudden hormonal change in the body and the cessation of the oral contaceptive - a tablet that helps many a woman to prevent acne - both comes into play. I'd suggest staying with the basics - proper facewash twice daily. Before applying any cream or taking any tablets discuss it with you gynae first!