Question
Posted by: CINDY | 2004/10/11

ACNE AND PIGMENTATION

Is there treatments that could help rid me of pigmentation around my eyes, mouth and nose. I was told that there is laser treatment that will remove it but will it damage the skin and is it permanent? I also am hoping it will help rid me of acne. I am unable to use any creams on my face and in summer even though I dont have any makeup on I get acne. What can I do?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Cindy,

There are various options available, and you should visit a dermatologist with experience in this field for advice specific to your particular case.

1
Posted by: scarface | 2004/10/17

only got rid of my acne recently. Always used drying out agents till a PLASTIC SURGEON adviced me to use a moisturiser instead. The drying out contracts and hardens the skin blocking outflow of sebum. Also use Zinplex tablets - tend to help.
I used ROACCUTANE once but led to hairloss and can cause other problems.
I cannot see that the laser will help to stop acne as I had a skin scrape while at varsity. Still had acne afterwards

Reply to scarface