Question
Posted by: Peter | 2010/05/17

Acne

Hello,

I have a case of acne which affects my buttocks. I have been on two courses of roaccutanne before which didn''t solve the problem. I have tried everything to stop it - changed cothing brands, type of underwear, washing powders, soaps, even sitting differently.

Is there any chance I can get rid of it, or should I just resign myself to the fact that I''ll have it forever?

Regards and thank you,
Peter.

Hallo Peter
Try Oxy 10 lotion on the area, and when dry, apply local antibiotic lotion like Eryderm on the whole area. You can also try using antiseptic soap like Hibiscrub to bath with. It is not real Acne but rather an overgrowth of Staph aureus bacteria that causes these pimples. Staph aureus is a bacteria that normally grows on our skin, but if it "takes over" it causes infections. You can also put Bactroban ointment on acute sore pimples and cover it with a bandaid.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/29

Hi Dr Bets Where can I buy eryderm in cape town. Most pharmacies say that it has been discontinued regards Waybie

Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/17

Hallo Peter

Reply to cyberdoc