Posted by: DW | 2009/08/31


Hi Dr,

I' m a 24 y/o guy, I have mild acne on my face and back. I have had this since my teens and really can' t deal with it anymore. I was recently on a 2 week course of pulmison for sinus infection. This really cleared my skin up - as if I never had acne. It obviously came back after the pulmison was finished. I really want a permanent fix now. Do the acne antibiotics solve the problem or Would roaccutane be a better option?Would a doctor prescribe it for someone with mild acne? Do I have to go to a dermatologist or would my GP be a better option?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo DW
You can start off by going to your GP - a topical antibiotic lotion or low dose oral antibiotics with something like Benzac AC will be the choice of treatment to start of with. Roaccutane is for severe acne, as it has unpleasant side effects
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: paul | 2009/09/01

you can try acne meds like Light(Purbac DS) Mild(Cyclimisan) Strong Roaccutane. If you use a GP, I sugest that you use one that is welll know. A dermatolagist is always best when strong meds are involved. He can asses your skin more accurate, as this is his field of knowledge.

I have used all the above and can help you with products to help better their results.

Cantact me if you need help: paul(at)

Reply to paul

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.