Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2008/01/15

Acne

I am not sure if you can help me with this question. I am 30 years old and have battled with acne for years. I have recently started taking Acnetane. I just want to find out from someone else if this is just as affective as Roaccutane ?? The dermatologist has said that his own kids has used it and it works just as well as Roaccutane. I am just scared I am going to be on Acnetane for 6 months and not be happy with the results.

Hope you can help.

Amanda

Dear Amanda
This is exactly the same as Roaccutane - just a generic so a bit cheaper.

3
Posted by: Gugu | 2008/03/04

Hi Amanda and Lauren , thanks for your comments. I am 29 years old and due to start acnetane in a week's time. I am getting as much info as I can on acnetane, its effects etc. I am so scared of the breakouts and all. Please tell us more about this glycolic acid peels. Good luck to you!
Thanks again!
Gugu

Reply to Gugu
Posted by: Amanda | 2008/01/17

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for this message. It helps knowing that someone else has also been on Acnetane. He did tell me that Acnetane was the generic of Roaccutane but I was just very scared it won't have the same results as I have never heard of it. Today has been a week since I started and my skin is already becoming "flakey" and let's not even mention the dry lips :-). My dosage is rather high (50mg per day) Did you have bad breakouts ?? I can not wait to see the end result. I presume you have finished your course. Are you still taking anything ? Can you tell me more about these peels ?? I am sorry I am asking you this but it helps knowing that you have been where I am now.

Once again thank you

Amanda

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Lauren | 2008/01/15

Hi Amanda. I feel your pain. I am 28 years old, and also suffered from acne most of my life. A doctor prescribed Acnetane for me also, and believe me, you would not recognise me from my photos 6 months ago! I am on a low dosage, and it really is a miracle cure (in my opinion). Acnetane is just the generic for Roaccutane, and I believe it is equally effective. Good luck in your treatment. Patience is key here, and I would recommend (from personal experience) that you should couple the treatment with monthly glycolic acid peels (lunch time peels). They are fairly inexpensive, and speeds the process of winning this war

Reply to Lauren