Question
Posted by: Joss | 2004/10/22

acne

Hiya..

I have got acne but I take medicatioon (oxytetracycline) to control it, however my skin is very oily particularly my back, and the spots don't seem to disappear despite taking the medication. I have tried various scrubs etc but they don't seem to be working.. what can i do?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Dear Joss,

how long have you been taking the medication? It can sometimes take a while before a medication will begin to take effect as it has to get into your system and start working.

Exfoliating your back and using anti-bacterial washes can help, or a wash specifically for oily skin. However, rather than trying a whole rack of products, perhaps get advice from the person who prescribed the oxytetracycline and consult with them. If you haven't seen a dermatologist yet I suggest you do that if the problem continues.

1
Posted by: metrosexual | 2004/10/23

i aslo have a very oily skin i went to a dermatologist he gave me these tablets and stuff he said that all these fancy soaps damage your skin and that i should use sunlight soap bar and musson aloevera trust me it works like a charm also try doing exercise and sweating all the toxins out that help to

Reply to metrosexual