Question
Posted by: Me | 2003/01/31

Acne

Dear Doc

I am 21 and have had acne ever since I started puberty. It has basically ruined my life. I never wanted to go out or be seen in public, I would also never leave the house without make-up.

I have tried everything. I've been on Dianne-35 and other pills prescribed by dermotologists. I was also on Roacutane for 6 months, my skin cleared up, but I have been off it for a year and now the acne is coming back. I'm currently on Ginette35 (the generic of Dianne35), I drink Femolene tablets to control my hormones and I take Zinc supplements. As for looking after my skin I'm now using that new product SkinFree that's been advertised on TV.

ANY other help would be appreciated! (re:products, treatments etc.)

ME, from this side of the screen it sounds like the best would be to back on the Roaccutane®. See your dermatologist and ask him to put you back on it. Good luck.