Question
Posted by: acl | 2003/01/27

acl replacement- screws -

Dear Doctor
Perhaps I am being ignorant as to the operation and implants, but about ten years ago I had an acl replacement. After rigourous physio treatment and (jogging to break down the scar tissue), I am pleased to say the operation was 100% sucessful, and I have had no problems with my knee. I am able to utilise/bend my knee to full potential, as well as a few marathons and half marathons, without any side-effects. What I would really like to know, is that I was told that they used screws etc., as implants to so help with the healing process of the new ligaments??.. What is the life span of the screws and if, is it advisable to have them removed/replaced whether they prove a problem or not?

Hi ACL

I'm afraid this is Cyberdoc's department, so please e-mail him or alternatively, phone the surgeon who did the op. Glad it was so successful!

Good luck!

1
Posted by: acl | 2003/01/30

Dear Doctor
Perhaps you can give me some information? Thanks

Reply to acl